Health trainers and health trainer champions have been active in both probation and prison settings across the country – although there is no overview of current activity. See below for a summary of how health trainer champions have worked in a prison setting. Click here to go to a case story of a Jamal a health trainer champion who was working in a prison in Yorkshire and Humber. Jamal went onto train as a health trainer whilst on day release from an open prison.
- YHIP Final Report
- Health Trainers and the Criminal Justice System – Overview
- Evaluation of Rochdale Offender Health Trainers Demonstration Project, Report of Findings, Executive Summary
- Health Trainers in the Criminal Justice System, A Strategy for Offender Health in the South West
- Health Trainers in HMP Erlestoke, Final Evaluation
- Why have an Offender Health Trainers service in prison